Water Heater Repair
Is your hot water running cold?
If you’re experiencing any of the following problems when you turn on your hot water, then you likely are in need of a water heater repair:
- No hot water
- Unreliable hot water
- Rust colored water
- Rotten egg odor
- Low rumbling or popping noise
- High pitched whining
- Water leaking around base of water heater
Water heaters have a life span of about 10-15 years, depending on your water source. If your water heater is anywhere in this life span, all on Roto-Rooter to help determine if you have a water heater that can be repaired, or if you need to replace your water heater.
Some of the things that can go wrong or fail that require water heater repair:
- Heating elements and thermostats fail
- The high-temperature cutoff may trip
- The pressure relief valve may malfunction
- Sediment can settle in the tank
Keeping your water heater in top condition and making it as efficient as possible result in a longer-life water heater and lower energy bills. Consider these tips to maximize the life of your water heater:
- Drain your water heater regularly. Doing so will flush out minerals which accumulate at the bottom of the unit, causing inefficiencies.
- Insulate your water heater. Water heaters are set to maintain a certain temperature at all times. Insulating your tank will slow down heat loss and result in fewer heating cycles. Check out insulation jackets/blankets that are made specifically for this purpose.
- Use low-flow shower heads. Based on one 10-minute shower per day, a low-flow or water-saving shower head can save you up to 10,000 gallons of water a year and reduce your energy cost of heating the water also by as much as 50 percent.
- Install a timer. If you have an electric water heater, install a timer that turns it off at night when you don’t use hot water.
Count on Roto-Rooter to provide you with help in all areas of plumbing, including septic repair, drain cleaning, toilet repair, sewer line repair, water heater repair, faucet repair and as an emergency plumber as well.
Contact Roto-Rooter Ventura County at (805) 620-3700 for all your plumbing needs.