Sewer Camera Inspection
Roto-Rooter Ventura is dedicated to providing the most efficient and accurate services available. One of the services we offer is using cutting-edge video camera technology to diagnose any sewer system problem quickly and correctly. Our sewer camera equipment allows us to determine the exact cause and location of any problem by inspecting every inch of our customers’ sewer systems and providing a thorough diagnosis. In addition, we can even employ these inspections to help prevent future problems from occurring.
The Symptoms of a Faulty Sewer Pipeline
There are usually a few telltale signs that you have developed a problem somewhere in your sewer line, and our sewer camera inspections are capable of exposing the source of these problems as well. These symptoms often include:
- Slow-draining tubs and sinks
- Mold or mildew growth
- Noticeable sewer gas odors seeping into your home
- Toilet backups
- Standing water or septic waste on your property
- Cracks in your foundation slab
- Patches of grass that seem greener or healthier than other areas of the yard
If you have begun noticing any of these red flags with your sewage system – or, if you just want the peace of mind that comes from knowing the state of your pipes – call Roto-Rooter Ventura to schedule a video camera inspection with one of our licensed technicians.
Why Do We Recommend Sewer Camera Inspections?
Even if you haven’t noticed any of the warning signs listed above, it doesn’t necessarily mean your pipes are in perfect condition. Routine drain inspections are an important preventive measure not only to evaluate the current state of your pipes, but also to help pick up on areas with the potential to become larger problems in the future.
When we perform a video drain inspection, our technicians can spot issues such as leaks, cracks and broken or misaligned pipes and recommend the best solution for fixing problems before they get worse. Regular drain cleanings, combined with video inspections, help us keep your pipes functioning at maximum potential and extend the life of a plumbing system.
Drain inspections are done by using our high-definition camera that is attached to the end of an extended hose. The camera is run through the entire course of the drainage system, taking photos of the inside of the pipes. This does two things. It allows us to access the pipes directly without digging up the yard and accessing them externally. It also allows us to get an in-depth look at the most important part of the pipes – the inside. Our technicians are able to review the video and photos of the interior of the pipes and diagnose any premature issues that would need to be fixed to prevent further damage. This saves time and money by allowing you to fix issues before they grow to something bigger.
Our technicians recommend video camera inspections as a preventive measure, as well as a non-invasive way to identify common sewer line issues such as leaks, clogs, or broken or misaligned pipes. Here is how the process works:
1. Our technician will insert a flexible rod with a high-definition video camera attached to one end into the sewer system, typically using a drain cleanout as the point of access. The cameras used in video sewer inspections are waterproof and tiny enough to fit in even small-diameter pipes. The tube the camera is attached to is so flexible that it can maneuver through all angles of the pipe system – even around corners or in hard-to-access areas, like pipes that are located beneath building foundations.
2. The technician will guide the camera through the pipe, recording a video that both the technician and the property owner will be able to see in real time. The clarity of the video footage is high-quality enough to allow our technicians to easily spot large problem areas, as well as smaller flaws in the sewer pipeline.
3. The final step in the inspection process is for the technician and property owner to go over the footage, discuss any noteworthy problems revealed in the inspection, then talk through the best way to fix them. The video camera inspection method results in the most precise solutions and less hassle and headache for property owners.
Contact Marvel Sewer and Drain for Reliable Services
At Roto-Rooter Ventura, our team provides high-quality and experienced drain cleaning, sewer camera video inspections and trenchless sewer repair services to residential and commercial throughout the Ventura County community.
At Roto-Rooter Ventura, we are committed to helping you solve your toughest sewer line problems and treating your plumbing problems honestly, respectfully and with attention to detail.